Monday, March 12, 2012

Holder's Department of Injustice Strikes Again in Texas

Texas recently enacted a voter I.D. law to prevent voter fraud. Eric Holder's Department of Injustice, as usual, is blocking it.

Liberal groups have said the requirements are the product of Republican-controlled state governments and are aimed at disenfranchising people who tend to vote Democratic – African-Americans, Hispanics, people of low-income and college students. Proponents of such legislation say the measures are aimed at combating voter fraud.

When a THINKING person who does not have a far-left look at life thinks about it, the liberal argument does not hold water simply because all those "disenfranchised poor people" already have photo I.D. IF they are legal residents.

When you ask a liberal "What poor person does not collect some sort of government aid - all of which require I.D.?", they stammer. And since state-issued photo I.D. is usually offered free, that also shoots down their bogus argument that legal residents are somehow "unable" to obtain I.D.

And when you remind a liberal that voter fraud happens often - in fact, several democrats have already been convicted - their assertion that "voter fraud is not a problem" is just so much hooey.

Here is yet another fact that liberals do not like to have pointed out - ANYONE, legal or illegal resident - can vote in any state where I.D. is not required. And illegals will vote for people who will make them legal and give them free stuff - Democrats. And that is precisely why Democrats so strongly oppose voter I.D. laws.

I think there should be a federal law requiring all voters to provide a photo I.D. before entering a voting booth, and anyone poor enough to be collecting state or federal aid would receive a waiver on any cost to procure such I.D.

But for liberals to say legal residents are somehow disenfranchised, EVERY PERSON in the groups they named do, indeed, have I.D. College students need I.D. to get on campus or use campus facilities. And most have a driver's license. In fact, a photo I.D. is required to buy alcohol, buy cigarettes, drive a vehicle, collect any state or federal aid, get married...the list goes on. The ONLY people who do not have I.D. are hermits (they do not vote) and illegals (they cannot vote).

I made this offer before - bring me ONE LEGAL CITIZEN of the United States who does not have I.D., wants I.D., but cannot afford it or cannot get it. Just bring me ONE, and I will start advocating to erase all voter I.D. laws.

So, once again Eric Holder has shown himself to have complete disregard for justice, the Constitution and "we, the people". So why is he still in office????

We can fix that in a few months...

/

No comments: