But it is broke. Let's change congress!
THIS PUTS THE FACTS ON THE TABLE! I AM TIRED OF OUR PRESIDENT, GEORGE BUSH, TAKING THE FALL FOR OUR ECONOMY.
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six of those years, the economy was fine. A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5% - about the lowest on record
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high - $14,164 (on 9/9/07)
5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacationing overseas, living large...
But American's wanted 'CHANGE!' So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yep...we got 'CHANGE' all right. Since that fateful day:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted
2) Gasoline is now around $4 a gallon
3) Unemployment is up to over 5% (a 10% increase)
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices are still dropping5) over 2 million American homes are in, or near, foreclosure
6) as I write, THE DOW is probing an other low - $11,215 (7/2/08) - $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!
Yep , in 2006 Americans VOTED FOR CHANGE!...AND WE SURE AS HELL GOT IT!!! Now Barak Obama, the Dem's candidate for President--claims he's gonna REALLY GIVE US 'CHANGE!'
JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?