Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A different take...

Lately, though I consider myself an Independent (politically), like a lot of folks, I have found myself diss-ing President Bush for his apparent errors in judgement.

But as I look at the bigger picture, here is what I see. I see both Republicans and Democrats (mostly Democrats) engaging in purely political nonsense, in complete disregard of what is best for America (which explains the 12% approval rating of Congress). I see Senator Reid (D) being dishonest on the Senate floor, and Senator Olympia Snowe (R) voting regularly with Democrats because she must get re-elected in a democrat state (Maine). So, she sells out her party in order to get re-elected. And it just goes on and on.

And then I ask myself, "Isn't there even ONE politician who has the integrity to do what he or she truly believes is right for America, regardless of party platforms and affiliations?"

And then it occurred to me - yes, there is one. He sticks to his sincere beliefs and principles, even if it means being villified by his own party, and base. He takes all the hits for his mistakes, but keeps fighting for what he truly believes is best for America.

His name is George W Bush.

Right or wrong, at least he has integrity, honesty and a sincere love of America and its people.

And that's more than I can say for most of those disingenuous turkeys in Congress whose only thoughts are fueled by how to kiss up to the powerful, instead of the American people.

And therein lies a BIG difference...

No, I would not vote for Mr. Bush. But at least I can respect him, which is more than I can say for most Democrats and many Republicans.

No comments: