Saturday, June 26, 2010

On Being A "Dumb Conservative"

Everywhere you look in the media, the liberals keep spouting the same old mantra about how they are so much more intelligent than conservatives. Better educated.

But in my 62 years on this planet I have never heard any conservative make the following remarks:

During a debate on boycotting Arizona because of its strong stance on illegal immigration, Milwaukee County Supervisor Peggy West (D) stood up and said, "If this was Texas, which is a state that is directly on the border with Mexico, and they were calling for a measure like this saying that they had a major issue with undocumented people flooding their borders, I would have to look twice at this. But this is a state that is a ways removed from the border," West said during debate.

Really? It scares me that this person not only can vote, but may actually procreate.

Representative Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) said earlier this year concerning placing more troops on Guam, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

If this is what liberals consider "intelligent", then I pray to God that He let's me remain an ignorant dufus - one who knows 3rd grade geography and understands islands do not tip over.

/

No comments: