Thursday, April 8, 2010

Drawing The Line

In a discussion with a pro-abortion individual, he stated that it was the responsibility of the government to pay for abortions for pregnancies caused by rape or incest, because the woman had been wronged - it was not her fault.

I agree it was not her fault. But it was not my fault, either, so if she does not have to pay for it, why should I?

I asked this fellow if a person who gets robbed should be reimbursed with taxpayer money, because he had been wronged. Should we be on the hook to make it right? Or if a man gets killed in a drug war - should his wife be able to collect tax money to pay her for her loss?

Where does our responsibility end? According to liberals, there is no end - we should be forced to give up everything, if necessary, to right any and all "social injustice". As proof, look at those collecting welfare. It matters not who or what they are - the only criterion is that they are poor. A poor child rapist; a poor drug dealer; a poor murderer - they can all collect welfare. Liberals consider it "social justice".

But what about the social injustice of taking away what I earned to support my family?

Here is my point - we, the people, may choose to help whomever we choose to help. It is not the job of the government to force us to support anyone or anything that we find offensive. If I would not give money to a child molester so he can buy food, then I do not want the government giving him my money, either. If he wants food, let him take time out from molesting kids to get a job and buy his own food.

If a woman gets pregnant from rape or incest, let the person her got her pregnant pay for any abortion. Not me. That would make me a party to something that offends my God. Let the liberals pay for her abortion, since they don't seem to have a problem with that.

The government could set up a special fund, like they do for political contributions. Anyone who wants to contribute for abortions may do so, and the government can use THOSE funds only to pay for abortions. Liberals can contribute as much as they want. That solves the problem. Except...

The fund would be empty. None of the liberals would contribute. While they are all too willing to spend other people's money, they are slow to give up any of there own. Study after study proves that conservatives give roughly three times more for charity than liberals.

So, despite their desire to provide abortion money, they don't want it coming from THEIR pocket.

/

No comments: