Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Experts

I bought gold when it was $238 an ounce.

Ever since then, the "experts" have said gold will lose its value.

Two years ago, the experts reported in the NYT that gold would tank because no one had any money. But gold skyrocketed instead ($1200/oz)

Last month, the "experts" said in Daily Finance that gold would tank within days because the IMF is planning to sell 200 tons. Gold went up.

Last week, the "experts" again said gold would fall immediately and deeply because the Fed was raising interest rates. Gold kept climbing (and the Fed is not raising rates).

I'm not saying all experts are wrong. I'm just saying that most are, regardless of the subject matter, whether gold, the economy or global warming.

There is one expert I rely upon heavily, however, because he has seldom been wrong about the things he has studied. Myself.

I still own my gold (though I will not buy at these prices, neither will I sell, as gold has not yet topped). And my predictions on the state of the economy have been spot on, so far. As for global warming, more and more folks are beginning to see that hoax for what it has always been - faulty data presented by alarmists looking only to feather their own nests, either politically, financially or both.

Not that global warming is not real. Only that it does not matter, it will not harm us and is not caused by man's activities. The Earth has suffered warmer periods, and in each instance mankind thrived. The only thing we have to fear from the climate is the eventuality of global cooling, which will certainly occur at some point.

/

No comments: