Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day After Disaster...an after-thought...(more)

I am watching DAY AFTER DISASTER, a documentary by Homeland Security. the scenario - terrorists manage to drop a nuclear warhead of Washington D.C.

Without getting into all the minutia, the real story is that our entire government could be wiped out - president, VP, the entire Congress. And, quite likely, the military officials at the Pentagon.

Where does that leave us?

So I say to myself, "Self, what would YOU do to prepare for such an event?" And myself says to me, "Self, if I were you I would back up my hard drive."

In other words, perhaps we should elect a backup government - president, VP, and Congress and keep their identities secret. They would have no power. They would receive no pay. They would be spread out throughout the nation in their hometowns. But they would be available to come together and take the place of any who were wiped out, and we, the People, would still have a working government.

With things as they are today, we, the People would be very wise to "back up our hard drive".

/

No comments: