Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Deja Vu

From a news release today: "In an interview on MSNBC this morning, newly retiring Sen. Evan Bayh declared the American political system "dysfunctional," riddled with "brain-dead partisanship" and permanent campaigning. Bayh stated that the American people needed to deliver a "shock" to Congress by voting incumbents out in mass and replacing them with people interested in reforming the process and governing for the good of the people, rather than deep-pocketed special-interest groups."

Now, if you have been reading my blogs for any length of time, you might remember that I have been calling for the voting out of ALL incumbents for years. The only way to clean house is to sweep ALL the floors clean and toss the dirt OUT.

I never thought I would see the day when a Democrat would agree with me. But Bayh has always been a man whom I have respected, though I may not have agreed with his beliefs. He has always been a man with honor.

Apparently my respect for him is well-founded.

/

No comments: